- Spread water-based lubrication at the top of the wand or on your body to make insertion easier.
- Find a comfortable position and remain in this position for the duration of the treatment.
- Do a few deep breaths, relaxing as you exhale. Try to fully relax your muscles and keep breathing.
- Remain still in the same position during the 5-minute treatment.
- Make sure the wand is inserted all the way with the base of the wand against the outside of your vagina.
- Lay the biofeedback unit flat in your palm so you can see the lights.
- Wait for the Contract light to turn green. When it’s green, squeeze/tense your pelvic floor muscles and hold – think about lifting up and around, not pushing down.
- Locate your pelvic floor muscles. Once technique is to imagine you are trying to keep yourself from passing gas. Or, imagine tensing your muscles as if to stop peeing mid-stream. The muscles you use are your pelvic floor muscles.
- Once you’ve identified the muscles, squeeze and hold: Imagine you are trying to keep a marble from falling out of your vagina. Think about lifting and pulling in. Don’t push down. Try not to activate other muscles in your abdomen, thighs or butt.
- You will know when you are contracting properly when the contraction indicator lights come on.
The key is to remain still in the same position and watch the center indicator lights and follow along.
- Orange light = do not contract/squeeze. You will feel a vibration but don’t squeeze. Flyte is measuring the resting tone of your pelvic floor muscles.
- Green light = squeeze and hold for 5 seconds or until the green light goes Off
- No light = Stop squeezing and fully relax your pelvic floor muscles for 8 seconds.
- If you are seeing the contraction indicator lights, you are contracting and receiving benefit. Try to light up as many as you can.
- Remember, the system automatically turns off – this is normal, and it means you’ve completed 20 repetitions.
- You may experience some discomfort when you first begin to use an intravaginal device. This is normal.
- Focus on breathing in and out, squeezing and then fully relaxing your pelvic floor muscles, following along with the center indicator light
- Try using more water-based lubrication if there is discomfort upon insertion.
- If you are experiencing pain or excessive irritation, stop using Flyte and check with your health care professional.
Make sure Flyte is charged. Plug it in for 2 ½ hours before use. Press the On/Off button on the biofeedback unit. The On light should be green.
- Remain in the same position during treatment. Try not to move around.
- Hold the wand securely in place with your hand.
- Try reducing the amount of lubrication you're using if the problem continues or apply the lubricant to your body, not the wand.
- That’s OK. Flyte is designed to turn off after the 5-minute treatment time (20 repetitions).
- If you need to turn Flyte off before the end of the treatment time, press and hold the on/off button.