Quick Start Guide
New to using Flyte®? View, download or print the Flyte® Quick Start Guide or review the same step-by-step instructions below.
1. Check it out
Visually inspect the device before use for anything unusual (cracks, tears, exposed wires).
2. Charge it
Before use, charge the device by plugging the USB cable into the receptacle on the biofeedback unit. Plug it into the wall. You will know Flyte® is charging when the charging light is yellow.
When the charging light turns off, the device is fully charged and you should disconnect and store the charging cable and unit. A full charge will take at least 2.5 hours. Pelvital recommends that you recharge the battery weekly.
3. Clean it
Clean the wand before its first use, after each use, and again before each subsequent use. Unplug the wand from the biofeedback unit prior to cleaning the product.
To clean the wand, complete the following steps:
- Wash your hands.
- Use a clean, wet cloth to remove any obvious residue from the wand.
- Wash with mild soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Rinse the wand thoroughly and dry with a clean dry cloth.
WARNING: Do not submerge the biofeedback unit, the charging cable, the wall charger or the wand in water.
4. Choose place & position
Choose a private area where you will be able to concentrate solely on the exercise for 5 continuous minutes.
You can use Flyte® laying down or standing up. Choose a position that is comfortable for you. For best results, you should remain still in the same position for the full 5 minutes.
5. Insert the device
Apply a small amount of water-based vaginal lubricant to the wand or apply a lubricated probe cover. Get into position and fully insert the wand into your vagina, with the longer wing facing the front of your body. If you encounter excessive discomfort, remove the wand and contact our customer care team at 1-866-735-8482 or email@example.com
6. Plug in & turn on
Once the wand is inserted in your vagina, plug the USB cable on the end of the wand into the biofeedback unit. Turn Flyte® on by pressing the On/Off button on the bottom center of the device for one second. The product is on when the green “On” indicator light is displayed.
7. Watch the center indicator light to guide you during the 5-minute therapy
With the product on and the wand inserted, it’s time to use Flyte®. The “Contract” light in the middle of the device will tell you when to relax your pelvic floor muscles and when to contract (squeeze or tighten).
- Hold the biofeedback unit and look at the Contract light in the middle of the device.
- Rest until the Contract light turns green. Squeeze and hold your pelvic floor muscles for 5 seconds while the light is green. You should also feel a vibration from the wand. When the Contract light turns off, rest your muscles. The rest period lasts 8 seconds, and the cycle begins again when the Contract light is orange. (DO NOT squeeze when the light is orange. During this time, the device is measuring the resting tone of your pelvic floor muscles. This measurement informs biofeedback light activation.)
- The cycle occurs 20 times during the 5-minute session and you’ll continue the process of squeezing and resting by following along.
8. Observe the Contraction Indicator lights
While you are repeating the relaxation and contraction, observe the Contraction Indicator lights. These lights indicate the strength your pelvic floor muscle contractions. With each contraction, try to activate as many blue lights as you can. Do not be discouraged if you cannot activate all eight lights: Muscle tone and strength should improve over time.
9. End the day's session
After 5 minutes of training, your therapy is complete for the day and Flyte® will power down automatically. You’ll know the device is turned off because the green light will stop lighting up, and no other indicator lights will be displayed.
To end the day’s session, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect the wand cable from the biofeedback unit.
- Remove the wand from your vagina.
- Clean the wand by following the instructions.
- Store the Flyte™ system in the box until the next session.
- Charge the device once a week and you’re good to go!
Part # LBL-007-02 Last update: May 24, 2021
Need more info? Call us or view the Instruction for Use manual.